CIA WiFi for Windows 10
These instructions are for a personal device. Contact support.cia.edu if your CIA issued device is not connecting to a wifi network.
You must perform this connection while on the CIA campus in the Academic building in order to complete the process without interruption.
After logging into Windows 10
- Click on the wireless/network icon in toolbar
- Select “Network & Internet settings”
- Select WI-FI from the left column
- Select “Manage known networks” from the right side
- Select “Add a new network” and fill in the window as follows
- Network Name CIA-Student or CIA-Employee (case sensitive)
- Security type “WPA2-Enterprise AES”
- EAP method “EAP-TTLS”
- Authentication method “Unencrypted password (PAP)”. Transition of the password is still encrypted buy there is no local security certificate needed.
- Select “Connect Automatically” (can be changed later if user desires)
- Select “Connect even if this network is not broadcasting” (very Important as the SSID will not be broadcasting)
- Click Save
- Select CIA_Guest on the left side if it is a known network
- Click on Forget
- Close the Settings panel
- Select the wifi icon in the bottom
- Click on the wireless network you just created
- Select Connect
- Enter your CIA e-mail address
- and password
- Select "OK"
- Select "Connect" on the information screen that comes up