How to print on campus from your personal PC laptop
First, you need the Papercut Client. This application tracks your prints and shows your balance. Without this app, you won't be able to connect to any printers on campus.
To download the Papercut client,
- Go to https://my.cia.edu/technology
- Log in
- Click "Copy Print and Scan" from the left side menu
- Download the "Student Windows Papercut Client" from the right side menu
Once the client is downloaded, you need to install it. Unzip PCClient from your downloads. Enter the folder PCCLient and click "client-local-install". Run and accept the prompts to install.
1. Click the Windows Start Menu
2. Launch the PaperCut MS Client from your applications.
Log in with your CIA credentials (but don't include @student.cia.edu in your username)
You'll know the Papercut Client is open and working if:
- Your balance appears in the upper right screen.
- The Papercut icon is in your menu bar.
ANYTIME YOU WANT TO PRINT YOU MUST HAVE THIS APPLICATION OPEN. Save a shortcut to your desktop if that is easiest.
Once the Papercut Client is installed and open, you need to install the printers you want to use in your Settings. This walkthrough is in Windows 10. Depending on your Windows version, the next steps are different. Please review how you add a printer on your specific Windows version online.
1. Open the Windows Start Menu
2. Select Settings (the Gear icon on the left side of the start menu)
Select Devices from the Window Settings.
From the Devices menu:
1. Select Printers & Scanners.
2. Click Add a Printer or Scanner.
Most likely, your computer will not detect the printers you want to connect to. Select "The printer that I want isn't listed" to manually add the printers.
1. Click the bubble to "Select a shared printer by name"
2. Type the printer name (the queue) you want to connect to from the chart below. This has to be exact.
|Printer Name (The Queue)||Location||Driver Needed|
|\\10.5.110.0\223-SH1||Room 223 - South||HP LaserJet 700 M712|
|\\10.5.110.0\223-SH2||Room 223 - North||HP LaserJet 700 M712
||Room 324||HP LaserJet 5200|
Once you click next, you will need to enter your CIA credentials in the following format for your username: "ciaart\bbstudent" <--- place your CIA username in place of the example. You must include "\" after ciaart. Then type your password.
If you encountered an issue at any stage of this process, please use the form at support.cia.edu to report your problem.