How do I find my CE password?
Are you a CE student, the parent of a young artist CE student, or a CE instructor?
If you have lost, forgotten, or never received a myCIA password then this article is for you.
If you don't know your CE username contact firstname.lastname@example.org before continuing.
While at it confirm that CE has your correct email address.
So you don't know your password?
There are 5 steps to finding or resetting your password for myCIA.
- On any page of my.cia.edu enter your username in both the username and password fields.
- Select Login
- View an error screen and select 'I forgot my password'
- Check your email for the new password
- log into myCIA and change your password to one of your liking
Try logging in.
If you know your username and think you know your password enter them and select 'Login.' (If you are correct you will be logged in. If you are wrong follow the rest of this article.)
You need to get to the error screen.
If you know your username and don't know your password enter your username in both fields. (You can also enter anything as a password. None of them will work.)
When the "Invalid Login!" error appears...
- If blank enter your username (not your email address)
- Select "I forgot my password"
Request a new password
- Your username will be displayed
- Select "Send New Password"
- an email will be sent to the email on record
For added security you can choose to add a custom hint question and answer. The answer will need to be submitted correctly before the password reset email is sent.
The custom hint question and answer is created in the My profile & settings under Password & Privacy after logging into myCIA. See step 7 in How do I change my CE password?
New Password eMail
The new password email will come from Web and the email address will be email@example.com.
If you don't see the email, check your Spam or Junk folder.
It is recommended that you login to my.cia.edu and change the password right away to your own password.